Join our team! J Sherman Studio is looking for a graphic designer and business coordinator to work here at the Studio. This lucky person will support a variety of needs including design work, client communications, business development, marketing, project management, and other general Studio needs.
We are looking for a talented Jane or Jack of all trades. Someone whose right brain is as strong as their left brain. For the right person, this position has growth potential. We want to find someone who is eager to learn but also with experience they can bring to the table to help us improve and grow our business.
- BA or BFA or advanced degrees preferred
- Ability to design for print and online media
- Proficiency working with the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Docs
- Capacity to work as part of a team in an office environment
- Creative, with a strong aesthetic, and keen eye for detail
- Experience working with clients and managing relationships
- Robust writing skills and ability to write in the “voice” of the Studio
- Ability to consider and present solutions to improve workflow efficiency
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented, punctual, and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and people skills
- Must not be allergic to cats or small children
- Starting at 20 hours per week, 4-5 days a week, with room to grow
- Graphic design: create design concepts, review designs with clients and receive feedback, and maintain current projects with edits and ongoing support.
- Accounting: invoice and receive payments, coordinate with bookkeeper, and payroll administration.
- Business development: manage, maintain, and grow client relationships, scope out new projects, write proposals and project agreements, and support contracting with clients.
- Communications and marketing: write for the website, blog, newsletters, and social media.
- Project management: coordination/delivery of project schedules, seek out, assess, and partner with external vendors, printers, and resources, and maintain and update web applications like Basecamp and Harvest.
- General support: schedule meetings and appointments, photograph, organize, and maintain the Studio’s library of samples.
J Sherman Studio is a home-based business in Newton, Massachusetts. We are accessible to the Green Line and down the street from a vibrant village center. We are a small team consisting of the principal/founder, full time senior designer, and part time designer. We work hard and efficiently but have a sense of humor about our work. The Studio is located on its own floor of the house and enjoys the occasional distraction of two furry cats, a friendly and helpful husband, and two adorable children.
Please submit a PDF of your resume, cover letter, and digital portfolio to our team at email@example.com.